Here's how to:
- Get some oil pastels (I used WHSmiths Soft Pastels - they've got a chalk-like texture to them), a cup of water, a paper towel, a set of curling tongs/straighteners and hairspray.
- Dip the strand of hair you want coloured into water and pat with the paper towel so it's damp (you might find it easier to use a water spray but I haven't got one of those).
- Place the strand of hair onto a paper towel and colour it in with your chosen pastel. Always colour downwards with the pastel to keep from damaging your hair.
- Use a straightener/curling tong to set in the colour. I've read on line that curling tongs work best, but I don't own one of those and straightening seemed fine.
- Hairspray the ends, brush your hair, and you're ready to go!
- Just don't go out in to rain/touch it too much or the colour will come out.